WHO WE ARE:
west~bourne is rooted in a mission of wholistic hospitality: to take care of our neighborhood.
A nod to the irreverent spirit of 1960s Los Angeles, west~bourne embraces the adventure and open possibility of the west coast. Accidentally vegetarian and decidedly wholesome, every detail including our community of creative partners is curated with California craft at the core. A born Angeleno and adopted New Yorker, our founder Camilla Marcus is committed not only to bridging her two favorite cities, but also giving back to the community.
We're here for the big, collective we. And our first step is in the eclectic artists hub of Soho. As mindful neighbors, we want to come together with the community to eat well and do even better. west~bourne is committed to a zero waste mentality, practicing sustainable sourcing in all facets of the operation. Through our partnership with the Robin Hood Foundation, a portion of every purchase made at west~bourne will benefit The Door, to support job training for youth in our community and to foster career paths for emerging team members.
We re #bourneready. Are you?
The General Manager will oversee all daily operations for our flagship location. We re looking for a dedicated coach, a strategic thinker, a proactive solution seeker, a collaborative multi-tasker, and a superb communicator. This key leader will exhibit and uphold west~bourne s standards of excellence in all areas of operations including customer relations, restaurant maintenance and safety, team management, operational standards and systems, as well as financial accountability, with a strong connection to people, culture, and employee relations. The General Manager will act as the head of west~bourne s operations and play an integral role in creating clear, achievable opportunities for leadership, personal growth, and professional development amongst our talented team.
Who You Are:
- Passionate about food and fostering community and a genuine desire to have a meaningful impact within your neighborhood
- 2-3 years of experience in restaurant management in a fast-paced environment with financial aptitude for business operations, experience with restaurant openings is preferred
- Degree in hospitality management or a related certificate is a plus
- Approachable, inspiring, and intelligent leader who is driven by the performance of the collective and able to motivate, manage, and develop a large and diverse team
- Superb verbal and written/digital communication skills
- Self-starter who is results-oriented and who appreciates and takes initiative on both the essential details and the bigger picture
- Proactive problem solver who always sees the silver lining and follows through all the way
- Experience with employee scheduling, inventory management, and guest relations
- Comfortable and flexible within a dynamic roll up your sleeves start-up environment,and a desire to develop and scale the role as the business expands
- Superb time management skills with the ability to prioritize and organize work assignments, have timely follow up and thoughtful, detail oriented execution
- Proactively initiate community outreach and business development
- Advanced experience with POS, digital scheduling and payroll platforms, a plus
- Lead safety and security initiatives in compliance with west~bourne and OSHA guidelines
What You ll Do:
- Oversee day-to-day operations of west~bourne s first location, including purchasing and procurement, product preparation and service, delivery logistics, inventory management, POS management, compliance and safety management, as well as facilities and security maintenance while maintaining exceptional quality, achieving high performance and profitability, fostering authentic and caring guest relationships, and uplifting the west~bourne brand and culture
- Establish and uphold service and operating standards that are fully aligned with the west~bourne brand
- Develop strategies and tactics to manage and be accountable for restaurant financial responsibilities such as P&L deliverables, forecasting, budget tracking, food and beverage cost management, labor efficiency, operating income and building top-line sales
- Ensure all restaurant operating systems and standard processes (including scheduling) are effectively in place and integrated with company culture and systems, all with a mindful, wholistic approach (experience with industry software a plus)
- Be an entrepreneur, contributing creative ideas and constructive solutions to motivate and develop team members, to improve operational productivity, to build relationships with all of west~bourne s stakeholders, and to enhance our brand
- Passionate about being a culture carrier for the west~bourne brand and its values, leading by example day in and day out
- Collaborate with the Director of People + Culture in the hiring, training, coaching, and overall development of all in-store team members including but not limited to new hire orientation, performance reviews, cross-training programs, continuing education, and development opportunities
- Manage and oversee in-store team on a day-to-day basis, working alongside the Culinary Director and Director of People + Culture to ensure that all employment decisions and payroll responsibilities are compliant with applicable state and federal law
- Create and strategically manage an appropriate store schedule in line with business needs and budgets
- Achieve results in west~bourne s zero waste sustainability initiatives by developing and sustaining infrastructure, identifying performance metrics, and collaborating with sustainability advisors
- Activate our community by developing regular guests, maintaining high-quality relationships with suppliers and partners, and ensuring a memorable guest experience from start to finish so our neighbors want to return again and again
- Manage other projects as needed