- Fullstack Academy
- $115,530.00 -170,900.00/year*
910 Half Moon Rd
Fullstack Academy is the premier software development school located in New York City and Chicago. Y Combinator-backed, our school has garnered the attention of Forbes, TechCrunch, and Business Insider, among others. The reputation of our school is built on the professional success of each and every one of our students. Students have gone on to promising careers at top-tier companies, like Google, Facebook, Amazon, and Goldman Sachs. In January 2016, we launched the Grace Hopper Program, which is a need-blind software engineering program for women.
\"The Grace Hopper program at Fullstack Academy has been a life-changing experience\" is something we hear often and the reason why we come to work everyday. We re looking for a Web Development Instructor who can help us accelerate meaningful and enduring diversity and inclusion in tech by not only teaching, but also inspiring, mentoring and encouraging a new generation of female software engineers.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As an Instructor for Fullstack Academy s Grace Hopper program, you lead instruction for our bootcamp program. You ll lead lectures and support students through exercises designed to embed key web development concepts. You ll guide students through development of stellar projects. You ll facilitate a dynamic and collaborative classroom community. You ll collaborate with our dedicated support and administrative staff to ensure an exceptional experience for each student in our program..
This is a full-time role, based in New York City and reports to our Head of Academics.
In this role, you will
- Lead instruction on Web Development and other technology topics, including leading whole-class lectures, activity-based learning workshops, and project-based experiential learning
- Work with students 1-on-1, in pairs and in groups to support their learning and growth in the program
- Create a positive, professional and inclusive learning environment and culture for our students
- Iterate on our curriculum over time based on student achievement data, feedback from students and employer partners, and evolving trends in the industry
- Keep up to date on relevant trends in the web development field
You are a great candidate if you have:
- The experience and/or credentials that satisfy New York State regulatory requirements for a software engineering instructor - either:
- A BA/BS in Computer Science; or
- At least 1 year of professional work experience as a software engineer and 12 credits in any of the following: computer science, statistics; mathematics, logic, research methodology, software and/or programming
- Experience teaching, loosely defined - working at a bootcamp, TA ing in college, creating educational content via YouTube, mentoring junior developers, volunteering to teach, or prior experience as a teacher are all great experience
- Exceptional and engaging presentation skills - particularly when it comes to complex technical information
- A desire to work in a fast-moving environment with a high degree of ownership and independence
- A love of software development and a passion for growing the careers of a diverse new generation of software engineering professionals
- A demonstrable commitment to growing gender diversity and inclusion in tech.
You are an exceptional candidate for this role if you also have:
- 2+ years working as a professional software engineer
- Experience teaching in an immersive \"bootcamp\" type of environment
Associated topics: .net, algorithm, backend, back end, c c++, php, programming, sde, sdet, sw
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...