Cocotte Group is seeking a sous chef to join our dedicated and passionate team at it's flagship location in SoHo on Thompson Street between Prince and Spring.
With roots in the South-West of France, Cocotte is a Bistro-Nomique restaurant, blending Basque, French, and Spanish cuisines with gastronomic attention to detail in a passionate bistro atmosphere, proudly ranked in the top 10 Best French Restaurants in Manhattan on Opentable.
- Responsible for expediting service, overseeing production and monitoring cooking temperatures to ensure all items are prepared to meet standards
- Taste and review products on a daily basis to ensure quality and consistency with preparation and presentation
- Monitor and ensure that standard kitchen operating procedures are met
- Support all kitchen employees including training, mentoring, and some disciplining
- Assist in monitoring the receiving of all product to ensure it meets restaurant standards
- In partnership with the Executive Chef, develop new menu items and ensure proper execution and roll out of any new additions
- Complete all closing requirements as directed by Executive Chef
- Manage inventory and costs with the Executive Chef
- Ordering / Purchasing / Inventory
- Support staffing needs for BOH open positions
Skills & Requirements
- Must have 2 years of related (high volume) kitchen management experience
- Must have a current New York Food Handlers Card (or equivalent)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Seasonal food/product knowledge
- Proven ability in teaching and mentoring kitchen employees
- Exceptional communication skills, French speaking a plus
This is full-time position averaging 50 hours/week and is a great opportunity for a Sous Chef looking to join a stable company with long-term prospects. Serious applicants only.
More detail about Cocotte, please visit
Associated topics: commercial kitchen, executive chef, grill chef, pantry, prep chef, restaurant assistant chef, service manager, sous chef, sushi, sushi chef
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...